Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Should you let go????

This weekend was a pretty chill weekend and I enjoyed it. I had a lot of time to catch up on things after the holidays and time to think. So many people come up with near year's resolutions and think about the mistakes and successes of the past year and look forward to planning the next. I can't say I haven't, but I really did not give a lot of thought to it. I mean every year people make resolutions and the same thing happens over and over again. I do want 2009 to be different, but one of my favorite sayings is that you can't do the same thing and expect different results, you feel me?

One thing that has been on my mind is letting go. I have an issue with loving hard. This goes for everyone, I know most people assume relationships, but this goes for family and friends too. I struggle with knowing went to let go. When the person does not realize that they are hurting you more than loving you and the relationship is doing more harm than good. I am the type of person that gives everyone chance after chance, none of us are perfect and we all have good qualities, sometimes the bad qualities outshine the good ones.

It is easy for people to say just sever the relationship, but what if that person is a parent, a sister, a brother, best friend, and so on??? You know these people love you have your best interest at heart, but when their interactions with you cause more pain than joy what do you do? When they don't see how they are hurting you or causing you pain even when you make it obvious? These people love you and care for you, but their actions don't always back that up.

I ask myself so many times if I should cut these people out of my life, but then I think about what it would be without them in my life and I think I would be in more pain without them in my life. I love them and have their back no matter what, but sometimes they fell to see it.

I wrote this to say this is something that I am working on not only in 2009, but the rest of my life. Life should be filled with people who uplift you and not tear you down. People who see the greatness in you and encourage it. People will make you mad, hurt you, and sometimes disagree with you, but in the long run what positive affect do they have in your life???

1 comment:

Jervis said...

amen!!,to this post, what i've learned in this 19 year old life that I live, is that not everyone is on YOUR level. You might be humble ole sally, while everyone around you is shallow...your giving and everyone is selfish. you treat others good,and they treat u like garbage. its the cycle of life. whether you like it or not, for the TIME BEING, people just WILL NOT see where u come from, understand you, OR see how much they are hurting you. But LIFE will play its course, and things will start to change, and people will see you and treat u, LIKE THEY SHOULD. Patience and FAITH is KEY.