Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

The Legacy You Leave



This weekend was rough for me. My grandmother is getting sicker each day. She was such an independent person and now she is dependent on the help of others and it frustrates her. She can't communicate what she is feeling and it hurts her. She is 88 years old and has lived a long life and has left a legacy on so many people. She has done so much in her life and has done more than people half her age and has had an influence on so many people.

Do I want her to die...No, do I want her to suffer...No, but I don't want her to continue to be in pain. I think about the legacy she has left and I begin to think about the legacy that I will leave. Who will I influence, who will I remembered by. What things will I do in life and what things I have done in my life. I realize this life is not about us living for ourselves, but what stamp will we leave in this world. Everyone is not meant to be Mother Theresa, Michael Jordan, Barack Obama, or Ghandi, but everyone leaves an imprint in this world. Will your legacy be good or bad? Will your legacy be remembered by only you or others?

My question is what legacy will you leave???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother...I hope that my legacy says that I was human, real N' honest...