Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

God's Work vs. Church Work

This was a post I wanted to write last Sunday, but just did not have the energy to do it.  I made a status on facebook a while ago...Not all church work is God's work and that got some of my friends to thinking....even got me to thinking. Sometimes I feel that we get so  busy doing work for the church we miss what God wants us to do.

What do I mean? I think, or I observe that people get so busy do work in the church they do not go out and help and be an example to others.  Sometimes I am out and I see people that I go to church with and I attempt to say hello although I might not know their name and they don't even speak back. 

Some people's lives revolve around church, but not God. They take no time out for themselves, their social lives all revolve around church and church people.  They are not well rounded.  They put their faith in the man at the pulpit and look to him as their God.  This is not good.

I think the world would be a much better place if people would not put all their focus on church work and think about God's work.

No comments: