Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

Time to get to work...

After this week of history a lot has been on my mind. I have had a lot of different thoughts going through my head (more than normal). I really believed that I was becoming stagnant in my life, or rather being a long term procrastinator. After so much has gone on and in combination with church on Sunday, once again my motivation has be sparked and hopefully it will stay. It is time to do better, it is time to be better. When I started this blog description of me on the side goes back to my motto in life that it is not about you. We have to think beyond ourselves to others and the generations to come. My friend Terry talked to the girls that I mentor a few weeks back about what type of legacy will you lead...so on point and something that not only kids need to think about, but also adults. President-Elect Obama talked about what we can do to make America better and that we ALL have to do our part. My pastor then talked about having a plan and impacting others, you will face opposition, but you still have to push on. Then...even True Hollywood Story spoke to me in the life of Star Jones (not her biggest fan, but show was good). The show demonstrated how she worked hard to get where she was getting and that she has been through some things (rather thy be by others or self inflicted) but she is still standing. I think all of these messages said something to me and have inspired me to work harder and be a better person.

With that being said I look back to about a year ago. I had written out a plan for some of the things I wanted to do and I have accomplished some of those things, but some are still in the air. I was working out more, eating better, working on myself a lot more...I need to get back to that. Why? Because how can I help others without helping myself. I made one step this year by going to the doctor (yes...I know sad) this was something I have been putting off for years. I have to example in all areas of my life. I have slipped in various areas and it is time for me to get to work. It is on, the sky is the limit. I am excited about what the future holds, but I am more excited about what the person that I am coming. I know God has a reason for everything and despite my falls, despite my hypocrisy(not justifying it, but acknowledging it and working on it), despite my issues he still loves me and he still uses me. The best is yet to come!!!!

No comments: