Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Assumptions....


I remember there was a day when I was in band class, 5th or 6th grade and my band instructor, Mr. Holcomb made a statement that I will never forget. When you assume you make an ass out of u and me. This statement is so true. I am learning in my life that you assume nothing about anyone or any situation. When you do most of the time it does not turn out the way you expect.


When you assume nothing you go into situations with no preconceived ideas or notions. You are more open to the situation and to me that works out better for all involved. Assuming causes prejudices, no being completely open, and a lot of problems that can be avoided.

Most people make assumptions about me and I find them very, very funny. What is sad people have no clue. Goes back to the title of my blog. If people would take the time to ask questions and not assume so much you might learn more about the people that you encounter on a day to day basis.

Started writing this based of a blog I read earlier and just got to thinking. I think I am going to do a series of blogs about the assumptions that people make about me, I will be a little bit more transparent than I have been in the past. I think the first assumption I will dispell is on relationships....don't know when I will publish, but coming soon.
I am trying to write more and get more out....more to come.

No comments: