Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Last Days of Work.....



Yesterday was probably the last full day of my current job...I have to go through a series of exit interviews and I started yesterday. When I got out my colleagues (coworkers, boss...whatever you want to call them) had surprised me with a going away party. I was totally shocked. My boss took me out to lunch with the other researcher on her team last week and hadn't planned on anything else. 

I have mixed emotions about leaving, but I know what I am doing is what is best for me in the long run...I have had ups and downs and my current job. It was not perfect, but I loved what I did and I actually liked the people that I worked with. Didn't always agree and we all had different styles, but we worked well together. My next job is a step in the direction I want to go in my career in the long term.  I am stepping outside of my comfort zone and allowing myself to learn new skills and really get exposed to more things. 

I know have becoming increasingly frustrated with the small things that irritate me....but I honestly believe that is because I know I am leaving.  I question sometimes should I leave, but I know it is the right decision. I have to do what is best for me. Honestly this job, I don't remember applying for because I was not looking for another full time job.  I will not go until details about everything that irritates me about my current job, but trust....I have put up with a lot. 

I am moving on and excited. I will keep in contact with my old job they have taught me so much and will use those skills for a long time.  I thank God for the experience and look forward to the experiences at my new job.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU...GOOD LUCK IN YOUR NEW JOB!!!

Arlice Nichole said...

This is hot! Congrats