Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Treat me like a queen...You will be treated like a king


I was thinking this past week about relationships and interactions between men and women. I was about to write a blog entitled I Have to Learn NOT to Love Him, but stopped, not to say it might not be written in the future, but it is on pause. I try not to be a man basher because there are so many wonderful men out there. I did begin to think about how I would like to be treated in a relationship and how I would treat my partner....that is how the title developed.


I think so many men and women can give it but can't take it. What I mean by that is women have all these demands for a man, but they bring nothing to the table. You say a man has to do a,b,c,d.....z, but he asks you for one thing and you flip. Men want all these things out of a woman and she asks you for one thing and you flip. I think each person has to have realistic expectations of each other.


I think each person should value each other and want to uplift each other and compliment each other. If he shows me that he loves me by his actions, his words, his essence I can do nothing but do the same toward him. I will have his back, I will be there for him when the world is against him, I will make sure that his home is at peace when he is going through hell at work. I think sometimes a man just needs to know that you are there for him through the good, the bad, the ugly. I will be the woman he grew to love and not change because I have become complacent with him. I will show him that he can be whatever he wants to be and I will be there to help. With this being said...he should do the same for me. He should encourage me in my dreams, he should listen to me, he should have my back when I am having a bad day, he should continue to be the man that I fell in love with. I have to give him no reason to look elsewhere and he needs to do the same.


I can go into so many more details...but that is saved for that special person whenever he shows up, but if he treats me like a queen....he will mos def be treated like the king that he is.

1 comment:

Dione said...

I think the thing that I most agree with in your post is that I will make his home at peace when he is catching hell at work. I always felt like I was on top of the world when home was an inviting place and I could visibly see worry lines leave my sweetie's face as soon as he walked through the house door.
I agree wholeheartedly. Have his back, treat each other like royalty!
Enjoyed the post!