Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The "Memphis" in Me


Yesterday I was having a rough day. The pain of getting car fixed after an wreck is very irritating. It was not my fault, but I have to do all the work...thankful my uncle is an attorney and my passenger's father is an attorney...love the advice, not in it for money, just want my stuff taking care of correctly. Ok....I have gotten sidetracked.

In dealing with the car people and everything going on in my life I posted a facebook status stating that I do not want to go "Memphis" on them. I was born and raised in Memphis and sometimes the hood of Memphis comes out. I love telling people that don't get it twisted, I may have graduated from Vanderbilt, but born in raised in Memphis. When work, personal, and all things in between are irritating the hell out of me sometimes the Memphis comes out. Don't know if this is a good or bad thing. I mean did I grow up in the hood???? Not really, but I have friends, family, and coworkers who have influenced me and it does come out when least expected. Just another part of me.

Just because I am educated and got it together and sometimes have a soft demeanor people assume that I will not go off...I will and when I do it is not pretty, because it takes a lot for me to get to that point and if I get to that point...not a good thing. I think people take my kindness for weakness...please do not underestimate me.

One friend from New York said that is ok to late some of the home town out from time to time...but people are not ready....

No comments: