Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Change in lifestyle

New change in my life...I am embarking on something different.  Don't know how long it will last or if this is a life long change...I am experimenting with several vegan dishes.  This is interesting for me because I LOVE meat and animal products.  What I am doing is trying to find healthier ways of cooking foods and using no processed foods and no animal products was a start.

Now I love to cook...and love to eat, which is my problem. The picture to the right is of a cookbook that I have recently purchased.  It has some great recipes in it and it has truly inspired me.  I am really trying to do this long term....but I don't know.

I think so often we are accustomed to food we grew up on and we are afraid to try new things.  I mean...if the food taste great and gives you the nutrients that you need  why not eat it? Even if it does not have meat or grease?  I am a southern girl at heart and love pork and fried food, but I also know these foods are not great for me in the long run. 

I have been trying this new way of eating for about a week now and so far so good. I have my moments where I want to go grab a burger or slice of pizza. I have my moments when I have to think about what I am going to eat and really plan out my meals, but in the long run I know this is better for my health.

Tonight's dinner....sauteed spinach, baked sweet potatoes, and I think I might do some black eye pea fritters.

No comments: