Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What is getting under my skin right now...

Yesterday I posted a link to a blog that I wrote during the presidential election.  Looking back over my thoughts I pretty much feel the same way, but feelings resurfaced after watching Palin's speech at the Tea Party convention. I posted a comment on my status on facebook and that sparked a political debate that became interesting because I have friends on all spectrums of political views.
One guy summed up how I felt. I can agree to disagree, but I still think Palin is a moron. I even brought up the question what if Palin were black? Do you think she would be where she is in politics today?  NOPE! Rather you agree or not I do feel how a person runs their home life is a good way they will run their professional life. If a black person in politics had all the same issues that have come up about her they would not be elected by a majority (not talking about black districts...that is another situation). 

As I think about the speech and what she said...I honestly don't remember at this point half the things she said, but I do remember the condescending statements she continue to make. I do remember the arrogance that she continued to portray. I remembered how people continued to applaud her no matter what she says (some Obama supporters do this too...I don't discriminate) I think Proverbs 19:2 (NIV) says it best: It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way. Which I think is the majority of the problem. 

I am far from a political expert and honestly....I don't have the time to learn all the inner workings of government and politics. What I do know are the basics of government and what I look to in a leader and the basic policies that I stand firm on. Overall President Barack Obama exemplifies those qualities an I appreciate that. Yes he has made some mistakes and I don't agree with everything he does, but overall I think he is doing a good job. He is thinking and processing what is good for the country and doing what he feels is the best thing to do.

In some ways I want Palin to continue doing what she does, but only if the people who disagree with her go out and vote!! (we get mad, but a lot of "us" don't vote....another topic in itself).  I think the clip for Chris Matthew's sums up my feelings quite well right now!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Palin is such THE moron!

Ian Black said...

She has no polices at all, she just makes up stuff to say