Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

30 Books

This afternoon I was plotting and working on my 30 things during my 30th year and I decided to tackle my book selection which is #5. To go along with #12 I decided to look at my own book collection and see which books I have never read and the books that I might have started and for some reason or another I just never finished, not that the book wasn't good, just did not have the time or got side track.  Listed below are the books that I have so far.

  1. Black Planet Facing Race during an NBA Season by David Shields
  2. Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama
  3. Becoming a Vessel God Can Use by Donna Partow
  4. Toward the Beloved Community Martin Luther King Jr. and South Africa by Lewis Baldwin
  5. The Future of the Race by Henry Louis Gates, Jr. and Cornel West
  6. The yadayada Prayer Group by Neta Jackson
  7. UNCommon by Tony Dungy with Nathan Whitaker
  8. A Hot Mess Sin, Secrets, and Scandal S. James Guitard (My FAVORITE author)
  9. The Power of Passion Achieve Your Own Everests by Alan Hobson & Jamie Clark
  10. Andrew Jackson in the White House American Lion Jon Meacham
  11. Driven from Within by Michael Jordan
  12. Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World Joanna Weaver
  13. Mama by Terry McMillan
  14. The Classic Slave Narratives edited by Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
  15. Why Kingdoms Fall by Bishop Paul S. Morton
  16. The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
  17. A Sin and a Shame by Victoria Christopher Murray
  18. The Blueprint A Plan for Living Above Life's Storms by Kirk Franklin
  19. April 4, 1968 Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Death and How it Changed America by Michael Eric Dyson
  20. What's So Amazing About Grace? by Philip Yancey
  21. Why I Love Black Women by Michael Eric Dyson
  22. Here and Now by Kimberla Lawson Roby
  23. Martin Luther King, Jr. Nonviolent Strategies and Tactics for Social Change John J. Ansbro
As you can see that only leaves me 7 books to find and read. I am open for suggestions???? What is crazy is I still have tons a books on my shelf that I have not read, but right now I don't want to add them to the list because I really have no desire to read them.

Hopefully I really enjoy each of these books and I finish the ones I never finished before.

1 comment:

LC said...

Here are two books that you may want to add to your list:

"What is the What"- by Dave Eggers

"Knowing God Intimately"- by Joyce Meyer

Happy Reading.