Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

30 things for my year of turning 30!!!


Ok!!! I finally have started to come up with my list of 30 things that I have never done during my 30th year on earth.  I talked about it in an earlier blog and have been thinking and coming up with ideas. I had friends on facebook, twitter, and blogger give me suggestions and I appreciate them all.  I have taken some and tweeked others.  I have decided to post the list as a way of accountability. I don't turn 30 until the end of August and will start accomplishing the list then, but needed to write (or blog) them down before the date comes. I will keep people posted as some things are completed during the year. Please feel free to give suggestions on how to accomplish things or until my birthday....the list can change (but not by much)so I am open for new creative ideas! I will also creat a scrapbook chronicling the 30 things I will do. Things are listed in no particular order.  I am so excited!!!!

  1. Get a tattoo (I will not punk out!)
  2. Get my passport (overseas trip is not in the budget YET....but working on it, at least I can get prepared)
  3. Go on a date
  4. Complete 30 random acts of kindness to strangers
  5. Read 30 books that aren't the typical books that I enjoy
  6. Take a spontaneous road trip somewhere by myself, just wake up and go (I have to plan out everything....this is going to be hard)
  7. Go white water rafting
  8. Apply to Masters of  Public Health Program (2 are on the radar)
  9. Write letters to 30 people who have had an influence in my life and tell them why
  10. Run (not walk) a 5K
  11. Walk the Music City Half Marathon (still praying on this one....Jesus give me strength!!!)
  12. Save X amount of money (figure will not be disclosed to everyone, but will tell if it is met or not)
  13. Donate hair to Locks for Love (length is almost there!)
  14. Lose at least 30 pounds (aiming for more....but sticking with the theme of 30)
  15. Purchase a Home (or be in the process...working on that now)
  16. Become a Research Coordinator (next step in my career...making moves!)
  17. Travel west of the Mississippi River (been to Arkansas and Missouri, but that is about it...but have been to all the states east of the Mississippi)
  18. Purchase a big ticket item for my mother (have to see what she wants....I am thinking a REAL nice pair of earrings...this will be a surprise)
  19. Clean out my wardrobe (closet full of clothes and shoes...don't wear half of them, shame!!!)
  20. Visit the graves of my father and sister (have not done since the funerals)
  21. Ask some tough questions of a family member (nothing bad....just unanswered questions)
  22. Learn how to knit, love to crochet, everytime I try knitting I get frustrated :-(
  23. Write the vision plan for the next big project in my life (can't tell you what it is...yet)
  24. Go to a concert in a big venue (don't do crowds of people well, which is limiting me from seeing Maxwell in July...not cool)
  25. Have my first kiss (yes I said it....don't trip)
  26. Create a signature vegan dish for me (I love to cook...want to create something that people who are skeptical about vegan and vegetarian dishes will enjoy)
  27. Complete a financial plan that will pay of my student loans before I die (I am so serious)
  28. Purchase a piece of artwork that will be handed down to my next generation
  29. Learn to speak my mind with no fear of others (some people might think I already do this....if you only knew!!)
  30. Most important thing to do in my year of 30..... HAVE FUN!!!!
This is my list and I plan on accomplishing everything.  Will keep people posted as things are completed :-)  If my list inspires you to create your own or do things that you have never done, GREAT!!!

7 comments:

Q said...

love the list!

Tory Matthews said...

Ursula!! I have been inspired to do my own 30 list. I think I turn 30 a few days before you...so I'm behind:-( This is a great idea and a great list. You are a visionary, honey!!

HD said...

Sounds awesome. Good luck with the date one. I'm sure things'll work out for you. And you're not alone. I'm 20 and I've never really been in a real relationship before. Things can happen.

LC said...

Great list! I really like number 7 and number 29. I may have to add those to my bucket list.

Anonymous said...

Your list is very similar to mine, including getting a tattoo, a road trip, and buying a home. And may I say, I applaud you on number 25.

Humbly Beautiful said...

Thanks for the kind words! I am doing more research and planning now. I turn 30 on August 26th and it is going to take a year to get everything that I want accomplished done. I am so excited!!

ChristyPH said...

Great list! I'm sure you'll accomplish all of them. Maybe I'll start working on a 40 during 40 list seeing how I've missed 30 by a few years. We're going white water rafing before the cabin. It will be my first time and I'm only slightly terrified. Would be great if you could join us!