Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tired of Asking

This morning....or this past week I started thinking about a lot of things that I want to do this year.  I had this debate with myself about inviting people to join and this is why....

A while ago I use to love doing things with other people. Loved going to the movies, going out to eat, and going to functions with others. But recently not so much. Why??? I get tired of inviting people to do things and they always come up with excuses or say no.  I am a strong believer in people do what they want to do and make time for what they want to make time for.

Maybe I expect too much out of people, but you make time for friends. I mean I kick it with people, I go out, and do things with others, but when I get the notion to do things I am very hesitant of inviting other people because 9 times out of 10 they are busy or they say no. Just had a friend say that they appreciate me after venting that people don't....but honestly they have a funny way of showing it.  I just feel that I get put to the back burner on so many occasions by so many people.

So this is why I do a lot of things by myself. I go to the movies by myself, I go shopping by myself, I even go to concerts by myself when I have the urge. Do I always want to...nope, but I can't take being told no or I don't have time over and over again by people who say they care about you.

Just my thoughts....

No comments: