Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Not so easy to say the benediction....



Why is it so hard to say the benediction to certain people in your life??? My pastor always jokes in his sermon when he is talking about people that you need to let go of in your life, he says "My the Lord, watch between me and you while we are absent one from another, PEACE!!!"  This statement is usually said at the end of sermons, but he uses it as a saying to say goodbye who mean you know good in your life.

To me it seems simple for people who are obviously a negative impact in your life...but what about the people who are not positive or negative? What about the people who are just there?  They can be good to you, but they also can be bad to you? How do you let go of people who you know really have no purpose in your life?

I definitely do not have the answer to this question. I just know from a recent sermon I heard it was time to give the benediction to a few people in my life...some are negative forces and some are just there for no reason.  I have been doing of inward searching and praying lately and realizing that I need to make a lot of changes in my life....Hopefully all for the better.

I will be turning 30 this year and I am actually excited!!! I making changes and setting myself up for the future. Not thinking in the now, but thinking about what is yet to come.  I realize that some people who are just in my life for no reason are taking up space...and that space could be occupied by more positive forces.


No comments: