Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Living on the Edge!!

I was told by a friend recently that I was too conservative and that I need to live on the edge...this got me to thinking. Do I?  I can admit that I am conservative and do not do things that most people do, but I truly enjoy my life and the things I do.  I do have a wild side which most people don't get to see because honestly....they choose to ignore it.  There are some things that I would like to do that might be considered living on the edge...but I am afraid.  I honestly don't know if I will ever do them, but they are things that cross my mind on a regular basis.  Listed below are a few of those things.

  1. I want to get a tattoo on the back of my neck. Something small, but cute. I have had the design picked out for a year. I want it where it can be covered up while I am at work, but seen when I am out at play.  My hair is long again...we will see.
  2. I want to go up and talk to a complete stranger. This may sound weird, but for me it is not. I do not talk to strangers...honestly. If you speak to me I will speak to you, but just to talk and live it up with a random person...never done.
  3. I want to just get up one day and take a road trip...to where I have no clue. I just want to pack my bags and go. Just see where the open road and my GPS takes me.
  4. I want to get another piercing on my body....where is a surprise ;-) I have had my nose pierced twice, my eyebrow, and my tongue pierced.  I love piercings!!  But now that I am an adult (even though I had my nose re-pierced a few years ago) and work in a corporate setting it makes it kind of hard now.
  5. This may sound crazy, but I want to get drunk with out being drunk. I guess be loose of any inhibitions. I have never been drunk in my life. I truly hate when people are sloppy drunk, but I just want to do it, but still have control...which does not make sense, but I hope you get my point.
  6. One day I want to be free to say WHATEVER is on my mind.  Screw who agrees or disagrees.  I just want to be able to express my thoughts and feelings without worrying how it will be taken by other people.
Okay...I think these are few things that I consider "living on the edge" for me.  What are some things that you think are "living on the edge"? What are some things you would do if you had no fear? Some of things on this list I honestly doubt I will ever do, but they have crossed my mind.  Some things I realistic, and some I have not listed because I am still formulating them in my mind.


2 comments:

Alisha said...

If I could ride a rollercoaster and have a one-night stand, that'd be living on the edge for me. But neither of those of good for my health. So, oh well. You have a good list. You should just go for it. Being intoxicated is somewhat freeing, however, the hangover the next morning is not.

LC said...

Living on the edge for me would be to go skydiving. However, I know that I'm too afraid of heights to try it.