Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Majority



A lot has been going on in politics lately. I am not a very political person, but I like to make informed decisions when I make one. I am not a politics junkie, but it does interest me from time to time. I have been irritated a lot lately by what I have read about and seen on television. I think everyone should.

No matter what your thoughts or views are, hate is never acceptable.  What happened to civil discourse? What happened to being able to agree to disagree? Name calling is not cool and do not give me the bull about free speech. I am all for free speech, but hate speech is not good at all.

People keep saying "the majority of Americans" and this statement is getting on my last nerves!! Even if you take the argument that majority rules I honestly do not believe that the majority of Americans feel the way people are saying.  Secondly...the majority is not always right.  Back during the Civil Rights movement the majority of Americans did not want give rights to African Americans....if we used the argument of what the majority of Americans want where would be?

Health care reform is needed and the bill that was passed is not perfect, and I can even admit that I have not read everything in the bill, but most of what I have read and seen I am okay with and I have health care and have had it my whole life.  I have seen clips that interview people who are spewing out hate and they don't have informed arguments of why they are against health care. 

Just letting some thoughts out.  It is Saturday and I can't wait to enjoy the beautiful day one I am done with work.  Just a few more hours!!! Hope everyone is having a great day!!!!

Oh...extra quote that I stole from a friend on facebook...just had to post again :-)

"A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ, that a man should have to seek Him to find her."

No comments: