Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

I was tagged

I was tagged by K. over at Everybody Hates Sis.  It is a departure from the 30 Day Blog Challenge that I am doing, will post that entry later on today (couldn't sleep late this morning).  I have not read the questions as I started this post so this should be interesting....

1. What inspired you to start a blog and share your style with the world?

Honestly I do not know. I looked back at my first person was about 3 years ago and  I said it was because I was posting so much on myspace (which I don't even have a page anymore). I do think I wanted a space to voice my random thoughts that I might not feel comfortable voicing to people I know.  I have always said I am not a writer and don't plan on being one, but if someone takes something from what I post, if someone gets inspiration or motivation from some of the thoughts that are going in my head or in my life, great!!!

2. If you dumped your handbag right this second, what contents would fall out of your makeup bag?

Nothing, because my handbag does not have my makeup bag.  I don't wear makeup that often so I don't carry it around. I do use MAC products so I am pretty sure I have some foundation, mascara, and lipglass from them...I have some blush and eye shadow somewhere from them, just not in the bag.

3. Which celebrity do you wish you had of speed dial to call for shopping dates?

Hmmmm.....I guess I would have to say Rayen Symone (don't judge me). She seems cool and fun and comfortable with who she is.  Did not realize she was only a few years younger than me, I always related to Rudy on the Cosby Show, but I guess since we are older the age difference fades. I like her style and she seems to have fun.

4. Favorite Ben and Jerry's flavor.

I do not eat Ben and Jerry's that much to say I have a favorite flavor....I am simple so I simple Vanilla Bean would do.

5. What are you most looking forward to pulling out of your closet this fall?

I love sweaters. My favorite is a burgundy sweater, but I am afraid that it might be too big now since I am losing weight....by fall, might have to revamp my wardrobe.

6. Describe your personal style in three words.

Conservative, Simple, Me

7. What are you currently rocking on your iPod?

Right now I have been listening to P.J. Morton who I love his music, Dwele, and Eric Roberson.  Don't know why, but the other day I threw in some old Yung Joc. I am a neo soul, R&B lover, but I have to throw some Rap in every once in a while. I also finally downloaded a lot of my old Gospel CDs and Yolanda Adams with heavy in the rotation, she has a greatest hits CD that is off da chain!!! Her music helped me get through some tough times in college and her songs bring back memories....good and bad.

8. What's your favorite way to mix high-end items with low-budget pieces?

It is called a sale! Right now I can not afford to go shopping,  because of a career move that has me sacrificing for a little for bigger gains long term. I am good at finding nice things when they are on clearance.  I also save when I see something I want. The next big thing I want to get is slowly making it's way into the budget...it is a Louis Vuitton purse. I have had my eyes on one for a while, once I get so much back in my savings it will be purchased....hopefully.

I had fun answering these questions. Usually don't tag because I never can decide, but I will tag LC over at Loving Me. Hoped you enjoyed reading!


1 comment:

LC said...

Thanks for the Tag!!