Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

What's in a Word by Webb Garrison


It took me a while to get through this book. When I first saw the book I thought it would be interesting because I always like to know the why and where things come from. I thought it would be cool to know where some common phrases and what is behind the words.

This book was not that good to me and is the major reason it took me so long to finish it. I do like the fact that it is broken up into categories and different areas that words fit in.  It is organized well and it is easy to find words or phrases you might be interested in, but just reading to be reading it does not make a good read.

I think it is good to keep like a bathroom book or just around when you want to see if you can find the meaning of a word or phrase. 

No comments: