Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Challenge!!!!


This is one of my favorite clips from the Cosby Show and it was the first thing that came to mind when I thought about what I was going to write about today. Have you ever felt that you were not challenged in life? I mean you have felt content with what you do and where you are, but there is something missing?

I think I am at a place in my life where I am not challenged....and this is of my own doing, which is not good. I mean I have a career that I love and a position that is preparing me for the next level, but I am not being challenged right now and it is because I am not pushing myself.  I was watching the Oprah Show the other day (very rare for me, because I don't care for her) and she had the Smith family on there and Will said "greatness lives on the edge of destruction." This stood out to me because am I living on the edge of destruction, NOPE, when it comes to my job....I am not even trying to find destruction, although I know I should.

I think a major problem is when I am commended for doing a great job, but I know deep down in side I could do better and I have not challenged myself. I have to be self motivated, just because others think I am doing a great job, does not mean that I can't do better. I have high expectations of myself and I need to live up to them.

I have talked about my career, but when I think about it I could challenge myself in several areas of my life, spiritually, academically, socially, and so on.  Am I really doing all I can do to be the best me that I can be???

The challenge has begun!! It is within me, rather people see it or not.

No comments: