Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Da 26: My Fears

My fears are few but they exist.  I will not go into depth of all of my fears, because everyone does not need to know all of that. As a Christian a lot of people like to quote the scripture II Timothy 1:7...."God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." Which I believe....but it is easier said than done....like a lot of other things in the Bible. 

I think fear is based off things you have seen, learned, and or taught. I mean when I watch children and their behaviors the younger they are the less fear they have because they don't know until they are taught. When they do something wrong their parent disciplines them which causes pain and they are afraid of the pain again....so they don't do that action out of fear of what their parents will do.  Sometimes fear is of the unknown. You do not know what to expect which causes fear because you do not know how to respond.  At least this is how I see fear.

I will tell you about two of my fears. The first is not living up to what God has called me to do.  I think everyone has a purpose in life (no matter what you believe in). I know what mine is no matter how hard I try to run from it. I am working toward that goal, but sometimes I get distracted. Which I believe has delayed a lot of my goals.  I fear that sometimes I miss the mark and I am lost.  I think the world would be a better place if people learned to stay in their lane and walk in their purpose. A janitor should not be performing brain surgery and vice versa.  Neither job is more important than the other, but each play a vital role in the day to day lives of people.

Another fear I have is of change. I like things to remain consistent....and I hate to say it for the good or the bad, because of become use to it. I think this also goes with the fear of the unknown.  When things change you don't know how things will go. When you start a new job, meet new people, or start a new project in life you are stepping out on faith. That is not always easy. 

Each day I am overcoming my fears slowly and becoming more confident and who I am and the direction my life is going. I am learning I can only be me and enjoy all moments in life and treasure the experiences that I have.  We shall see if my fears will go away with experiences in time.

No comments: