Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

This Weekend


This weekend I went to visit a friend and her husband in Atlanta. It was a much needed getaway and I had a great time....but it made me think of some other issues I am dealing with. Everytime I go to Atlanta I get the urge to move down there, but surprisingly this time I didn't.

Don't get me wrong I had a great time chillin, going out, and hanging out with friends, but this time I asked myself is Atlanta really for me?  We went out for drinks and I met my friend so I had to drive....getting there was fine, getting back...not so fine.  Luckily I had GPS, but it was not the best.  Once I get to the expressway I was good, but navigating all the different interstates really get me confused!!! I did get excited when I did not get lost getting out of Atlanta (last 2 times I went down there I ended up going the wrong direction and having to turn around...not good.

Anyway...while down there I realized I was running away from my problem(s). I was avoiding the obvious and refusing to accept what I have known in my heart all along.  It is so hard for me to let go and express my feelings about people.  I love people and they continue to let me down, but I still give them chance after chance, why do I do this when they continue to hurt me?

One of my friends had an interesting facebook status and I acutally "liked" it...but the more that I thought about it the more it did not sit right with me...The status said:
just because a person doesn't love you the way YOU want them to doesn't mean they don't love you the best way they know how
Now....on the surface this sounds like something great, but if a person loves you the way they want to is that truly love? I mean this statement can justify so many wrongs.   I love someone dearly, but he does not know, or will not show love back...or he is showing the best way he knows how, but that is not enough, because I still feel like he does not care, but it is sad I know he does....

What shall I do???

No comments: